Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What are we eating?

I recently saw Forks Over Knives which is a documentary about the health benefits of a whole foods plant-based diet over a diet of animal foods. The movie had interesting anecdotes of people that were able to reverse their illnesses such as diabetes and high cholesterol. However, I didn't think it was as well made as some of the other movies that I've seen about food. As a result, I decided to put together a list of movies about our food. So here goes.
Of these, I'd give Diet for a New America and Food, Inc. my highest rating. Those two are an absolute "must see". In particular, Food Inc. was an eye-opener for me on how a few corporations control the bulk of the food supply in the US, get to dictate the way food is grown and labeled, and ultimately control what shows up on the shelves of our favorite grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment